I’ll let the not-very-professional pictures do the talking. To be honest,this was inspired by Paris B‘s post recently. And, in my previous life as a beauty blogger circa 2004(?), I remember a post I did where bloggers posted the contents of their wallets or bags. A dear friend from Vancouver recently reminded me of the post and what’s a better way of walking down memory lane but with a post like this?
So, yesterday was a quick trip out to Chadstone to get my fringe trimmed. Ever since discovering Jacky at Oscar Oscar, I’ve been reluctant to let any stylist touch my hair. He understands me well and I’ve got major trust issues when it comes to hair stylists.
I toted along the MiuMiu satchel in sky blue that I picked up, coincidentally, from Miu Miu in Chadstone about a year ago. It was one of those uh-oh moments when I swiped my credit card but this satchel has never failed me especially on more casual weekend outfits.
The contents of the bag:
- big fat purse in the first ever patent leather item I’ve ever bought. I’ll let the signature cannage stitching speak of its beauty.
- Makeup bag courtesy of Guerlain. Contents of the little pouch to follow.
- Myki/Metcard holder from PaperChase.
- Smythson Dreams and Thoughts notebook to jot down thoughts.
- Samsung Galaxy S2 mobile phone with Hello Kitty silicone case (Yay Android!).
- Pen for notes in the notebook.
- Noise-cancelling earphones. I almost never step out without them. You never know when you want just that song to listen to.
- All of that resting on my iPad 2. These are what I tote with me on most days. Because of the 3G feature in the iPad, I make it a point to have it with me all the time.
Contents of the makeup pouch:
- Crabtree & Evelyn Lavender hand sanitiser.
- Carmex lip balm – possibly the best lip balm on this face of the earth and I can’t seem to find it again.
- Travalo atomiser holding Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Toit – this just happened to be there. It was a rather cool day and it wasn’t even my Scent of the Day.
- Tom Ford True Coral (but, of course).
- The metal tube on its side is Crabtree & Evelyn’s La Source hand cream. I almost always have a tube with me.
- Diesel scent strip but it was actually sprayed with Giorgio Armani Code. Even though it was a men’s scent, I’m strangely drawn to it.
- Dior envelope/card holding the repair receipt. One of my bags had to be returned for the charms to be repaired.
- Swisspers makeup remover towelettes but I picked them up cheap and use them to remove makeup swatches.
- Tissue holder I got from Guardian years ago.
- Guerlain Parure de Nuit I use extensively for touchups.
And finally, something that’s completely irrelevant to this post, another purchase I made because I can be a sloth when it comes to housework.
Nothing is as amusing (and satisfying!) than kicking back with a glass of wine and watch someone (something!) else do your work for you. So far, I’ve been very impressed with this little machine and it’s possibly the best investment I’ve ever made. I usually clear the floors of cables and dining chairs, set up a virtual wall to barricade it and let it run wild before I head out to work in the mornings. I return home to clean floors and this little guy charging quietly in its corner. Best domestic help money can buy!